Hinge Protector Bolts
What are Hinge Bolts?
Outward opening doors are at risk of hinge attack, allowing burglars to simply lift the door off it's hinges. As such hinge bolts are essential on any outward opening doors, as they will still secure the the door even if the hinges are cut, crowbarred or otherwise forcibly removed.
Hinge bolts, also known as hinge protectors and hinge reinforcement bolts, are designed to increase the security of your door, to make the vulnerable hinge side of the door as tough as the lock side, on both outward and inward opening doors.
A fixed, metal bolt is fitted into the door edge, and a metal receiving plate to the door frame. Every time the door is closed, the bolt engages in the receiving plate, massively improving the door's resistance to forced entry, kick-in, crowbar or other physical attacks. For even greater strength, we recommend fitting hinge bolts in combination with a Birmingham Bar
Our experienced london locksmiths have recently fitted these hinge bolts in Drayton Green W13 and Eltham SE9.
London Locksmith Service, serving London since 1982.
- Price includes installation to wooden door and frame
- Fixed metal bolt secures hinge side of door
- Increases resistance to kick-in attacks
- Prevents lifting door of hinges
- Protects vulnerable outward opening doors
- Significantly improves security of any wooden, hinged, door
- One of our London Locksmith team will carry out this job for you anywhere in the London M25 area.